PM Modi's message to working professionals ahead of Yoga Day
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked people to make Yoga an integral part of their lives. Addressing working professionals on networking website LinkedIn, PM Modi said that Yoga and meditation are the panacea to the problems and stress of high-pressure jobs such as meeting the deadlines or grueling travels.
By embracing Yoga, your mind will get much sharper. This will lead to better concentration, greater creativity, more intelligence and sharper intuition. You will be able to make better decisions and create the best impact and he said. The Prime Minister said several Yoga asanas can help people cope with the posture problem resulting from spending long hours in the office.”
At EGA, we strive to provide work-life balance and a stress-free work environment for our employees. We want them to be healthy and are focused on their well-being.
Enterprise Global Accelerator (EGA) in association with team GetWorkin organized a week-long fitness session.
Fun and Fitness Together by Team WorkIn
|18 June||Zumba and Strengthening Session|
|20 June||Zumba and Strengthening Session|
For employees who are unable to manage time for fitness, can take this benefit at their workplace. We keep delaying our fitness plans for some reason or other. By practicing yoga asanas at office, atleast the employees got to know about the basics so that they can perform easily at home later.
Yoga practice at workplace can provide numerous benefits:
- Teaches individual stress management
- Improves the immune system and overall health, resulting in decreased absenteeism and sickness levels
- Increases productivity, motivation, and work performance
- Improves decision making and creativity
- Increases energy, mental alertness, and clarity
- Improves stamina
- Improves morale, job satisfaction, and positive thinking patterns
- Improves memory, focus and concentration
- Reduces muscle tension and pain due to sedentary working positions
- Improves flexibility and physical strength
- Improves breathing
- Decreases headaches
- Improves confidence
EGA has been organizing activities such as cricket tournaments, preventive health check-ups and, eye checkup camps to benefit its employees.